Aug 16, 2008

A Las Vegas, a bus driver who spit his venom on U.S. policy

A Las Vegas, a bus driver who spit his venom on U.S. policy

That did not last long. But then what density angry, what verbal aggression. I did not see the coup coming ... of mouth. At first I even thought that there would be nothing travel time. Although he did not look friendly, much less talkative, not convenient at all. Renfrogné. Mal luné, even without saying anything. Of these persons known intuitively that there is absolutely no distractions. Do not ask questions. Even the rain and the weather seemed appropriate evil. Yet it is 41 degrees. There would otherwise be discussed. But no. Not today. Or even forever. So we are silent. It is expected to leave the airport and is expected to arrive at New York New York. Day summer regular in Las Vegas for a bus driver.

I finally a question anecdotal. He answered, but no more. It will be one of my only two questions of the journey. Then, to my great surprise, it loosens the jaw and asks us (I am with friends) from where we come from. I explain. Woe to me to have uttered the word journalist, Woe to me to have referred to the U.S. presidential election. Although down in his seat, rather shack, fifties, gaze dislike, the taxi driver does lâchera more piece to the hotel. He asks me what the USA. Three, four times, very offensive. Asked so open and vague that I am caught off guard, looking beyond the mountains of Nevada.

In fact, it does not seem a question, but really an attack. He insists he mitraille: "eh, tell me, what's the USA for you, you can explain what it is, eh, what is it?". Many answers are possible. I have no energy. Then he answered my place, interspersing each argument between a new question, almost methodical, as if to lead me somewhere. It lasts no more than ten minutes. But its venom, his bitterness, his écoeurement voltigent in the bus. Very long as I did not attend such a unpacking angry and outraged regards politics, a political system, politicians.

The journalist that I was irrespectueusement his eyes took as long as George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Barack Obama, John McCain, Republican and Democrat parties, money in politics, the American institutional system, and so on. All involved, all accomplices. Vomiting classical elite politico-media corrupt. But here, man-in bus imposed by his physical and aggressive bitterness. I tried to put a few sentences too feeble to draw up a critical portrait of America and its government. Impossible. Never quite critical. I was grilled at the outset of my job.

He screamed over the media who did not speak enough of the "monarchy", the "kingdom", the "oligarchy", "dictatorship" American. It fusait in all directions. It climbed one step further when I asked him if he had a preference between Republicans and Democrats. It made me repeat several times these two words. Style: what you speak, but what you talking about? Republicans Republic, Democrats, Democracy. The media should be ashamed unnamed still use words like that to talk about American policy, "he said in substance.

Elite rich, silver, oil, manipulation of public opinion, contempt, corruption, etc.. Of course, everything has happened. What to do, what to say in such an intelligible when verbal spat. I dared a "calm down". Do not remember if I did. Arriving at the New York New York, unloading baggage for us, he died in one fell swoop. No smile, a wave grommellement without doubt a hello or a "take care". The storm stopped at once. Still: unpleasant impression of having taken a sacred spanking. Verbal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home